Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Steps

No...Harrison isn't walking yet.
I'm talking about a different kind of "baby steps."
Baby steps toward being more present in my own life.
See, I am taking a Facebook (and Pinterest) fast.
Why, you ask?
Well, I didn't used to get on it much, 
but with a newbie, sometimes it feels like my only outlet.
I've noticed that it has been sucking a lot more of my time lately.
I don't want to be one of those moms you see at the playground checking social media on her phone, 
instead of pushing her kid on the swing.
I need to be more present.
And so...enter the fast.
Maybe some day I'll go back (when I have better self control),
but right now it is a big fat time waster, so I am quitting cold turkey.
It has only been a couple days, but I am feeling the withdrawls.
Like a smoker, I need a "fix" from time to time.
It will get easier.
Most of all, I am excited what I can do with all my extra time!
I will be able to keep my house semi-clean (i do have 3 boys after all),
 play with the kids without interruption, craft, try new recipes, practice photography, blog more,
and spend more time in the real world.
I need to refocus my mind, heart, and soul.
I need to be present in my own life,
so that is what I am going to do.
 and a little snippet from one of my all time favorties!  Enjoy!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Brookel said...

my only question is, Now how will you know when anyone's birthday is? :)

Steve and Donna said...

sounds like a great plan to me! Wisdom for enjoying your mom time :)