Saturday, May 26, 2012

Paternity leave

With our previous two babies, 
Ben was never able to take off work for more than a day or two.  
It was hard being alone in the hospital those first nights, 
and going solo at home, but we survived.  
I think those experiences have helped us appreciate
 the last 4 weeks that much more.  
You see, Ben's new employer offers paternity leave for one month!
I can't begin to tell you how amazing it has been!
We have been able to create some great memories as a family.
For instance...
Harrison smiled for Ben for the first time a few weeks ago! 
 And noooo, these were NOT gas related people.
  I think these photos show that fact.
To be honest, I have been a little jealous of Ben that our boys are pretty much "Daddy's boys."
(They only come to me for the food).
But I wouldn't take away these bonding moments they've had for the world...
especially with Harrison. 
 I mean, come on!  It's just so darn sweet.  Look at that little face.
 (Harrison's too)   hehe
Here are some of those bonding moments I was talking about.
Thanks to paternity leave, we've been able to go to the zoo as a family...
get eaten by hungry....HUNGRY hippos...
see a depressed Polar Bear...
go on crazy awesome slides...
 We also visited the grounds at the Seattle Temple together.
It was such a gorgeous day and we made some great memories.
I may be a bit biased, 
but there's nothing hotter than this man with a baby.

So thanks, Microsoft.
You treat a lady right.

Photobucket

5 comments:

andrea thompson said...

aww cute! I love you guys! Hope Harrison is doing better :)

Steve and Donna said...

glad you having fun and getting out- now that the G.ma's are gone, I'm sure the extended help with Ben is nice to have :)

robin marie said...

glad you guys have had so much fun together! harrison's smile is so sweet! was that polar bear really depressed!?

Amber said...

robin- haha...i was just taking a guess about the polar bear. the poor guy was either just sleepy or did not like life at that moment. ;)

Amy said...

Congratulations on your little one! Seeing all of your cute pictures is like looking in a mirror of my life! From the three little boys to the same baby outfits and blanket! He is adorable and I hope all is well at your house!