Wednesday, March 5, 2008

sewing fiend





Sewing is the new awsome! Well, at least for me. I just got my first sewing machine this December. I was so excited because I've been wanting to learn how to sew for a really long time. (And it probably didn't help that I love watching Project Runway). My mother-in-law was kind enough (and patient enough) to teach me how. I've already made a few things. My latest creation has been some burp cloths for a friend of mine. I'm throwing her a baby shower in May and I thought that it would be a fun project. I made the pattern myself and just followed some instructions I found off the internet. I think they turned out pretty good for a first project on my own.




They have "rag" edges...


Love the pokadots...


These are cute little sea animals.... A Bar-B-Que grilling apron I made for Ben....

This is a little bag I made for Nate since he LOVES Buzz from Toy Story...I figured he could use it for his library books or toys or something.

No comments: